PLX8 OBD2 4G GPS Tracker
The PLX8 is an OBD2 4G GPS tracker with an easy plug and play operation, and enterprise access to Telstra's Cat-M1 network, which provides you with the widest coverage in Australia. Simply plug your tracker into the OBD2 port of your car, and it will automatically start reporting every time the vehicle is turned on/off. It's as simple as that!
With real-time tracking, you can be sure that every location and route is live and recorded, with 90 days worth of playback history. The power-saving feature will detect when the car is stationary for over 5 minutes and then it will enter a smart sleep mode. This helps the playback history to flow nicely and it doesn't drain the battery of your car if you keep it switched off for weeks.
You can easily track your assets via our free mobile app, or through our web platform. Push notifications and web pings can be triggered if you set moving alerts, geofence (zone in/out) boundaries, speeding alerts, and more.
Our PLX range provides you with a total solution, which includes a premium platform, server, sim card, and updates, all for a fraction of the price that you would expect to pay elsewhere.
As the sim card and protocols are pre-activated by us, you won't need to go through the hassle of programming any of the settings yourself. Better yet, we only charge $12.95/m which is much more economical compared to paying for your own prepaid sim card every month.
- Real-Time Tracking (updates every 30, or 15 seconds depending on your plan)
- Easy Installation (simply locate your OBD2 port and plug it in. You can benefit from the same features as a hard-wired unit, without paying an auto electrician to install it)
- Total Solution (platform, server, and sim card are all included in the price, making it much more economical)
- 110mAh Backup Battery (works for ~30 minutes if the tracker is disconnected)
- Smart Sleep (auto sleeps when it detects no movement, this provides a clear history playback)
- Boundaries & Geofences (create a virtual boundary and be notified when your trackers leave or enter it)
- Locating (provides accurate positioning updates to within 5m of the tracker)
- History Playback (location history easily available up to 90 days)
- Speed Limit Warning (alerts you when the PLX8 has exceeded the speed limit)
We offer 2 reporting intervals. Custom reporting intervals can be quoted for business customers.
|$12.95/m||1 report every 30 seconds|
||1 report every 15 seconds (contact us)|
||1 report every [custom] (business only, contact us)|
- The PLX8 requires the Overwatch Service subscription.
- Please be advised that Aldi Mobile and other operators have been disabling sim cards that are used for M2M purposes (such as GPS trackers) as it goes against their ToS. If you are using a tracker through a regular network operator, it's recommended to move to our PLX range.
- Your tracker will not work if you remove the sim card and try to use your own.
|Dimensions||50.6 x 49 x 26mm|
|Input Voltage Range
|Cellular Communication||Cat.M1 4G|
*Tip: OBD2 ports are commonly located on the drivers side and around the dashboard or under the steering wheel.
Plan & Coverage
Once you receive your tracker, you can activate it at any time through our activation page. Once activated, you will be emailed with login credentials to our GPS tracking platform.
Enjoy exclusive access to Telstra's enterprise 4G Cat-M1 network which offers the best coverage Australia wide.